Call EPA 24 hours a day.1300 372 842 (1300 EPA VIC)
Air quality is important to the health and wellbeing of all Victorians. Most air pollution comes from industry, motor vehicles and domestic wood burning.
EPA plays a role in protecting the community from noise pollution.
Human health and wellbeing relies on the quality of our environment every day.
Our reporting system lets you dob in litterers in cars.
Many industrial activities require works approvals and licences from EPA.
EPA helps protect Victorians’ health from potential environmental hazards.
EPA works to protect Victoria from pollution during major infrastructure projects.
EPA periodically reviews environmental policy and regulation.
Guidance for business and industry, including licensing, works approvals and planning.
Information about the fees and charges levied by EPA.
EPA’s organisational strategy sets out five goals and how we'll work with Victorians to achieve them.
EPA welcomes the recommendations of the Independent Inquiry into EPA.
EPA works with the community, businesses and other organisations to protect the environment.
EPA recognises staff who are leaders in the areas of air quality, inland water, marine water, waste, landfill, land and groundwater, and odour.
The process to submit complaints about the conduct of an EPA authorised officer.
HEPA (the Heads of EPA Australia and New Zealand) is an informal alliance of environmental regulation leaders from Australia and New Zealand.
Its principal members are:
• Environment Protection Authority Victoria (EPA VIC) – Chair and Secretariat
• Commonwealth Department of the Environment and Energy (DoEE)
• Environment Protection Authority South Australia (EPA SA)
• NSW Environment Protection Authority (EPA NSW)
• Environmental Protection Authority New Zealand (EPA NZ)
• Queensland Department of Environment and Science (DES Qld)
• Western Australian Department of Water and Environmental Regulation Western Australian (DWER WA)
• Western Australian Environmental Protection Authority (EPA WA)
• Environment Protection Authority Tasmania (EPA TAS)
• Northern Territory Environment Protection Authority (EPA NT)
• Environment Protection Authority ACT (EPA ACT)
HEPA's strategic plan from 2018 – 2021 has more information on the organisation.
Here are HEPA's guiding principles on best practice Energy from Waste (EfW) policies.
PFAS National Environmental Management Plan
EPA is hosting a summit on 4–5 April 2017 to contribute to the development of a framework for regulating PFAS.
Page last updated on 28 Aug 2019