Business, industry and planning guidance

Additional resources

What are my local council requirements?

Information regarding your local council’s requirements, and the role your council plays in regulating your odour emissions, can be found on your local council’s website, or by contacting your local council (the details are usually available on the website).

What training do my staff need to have?

Ensure your staff are trained in relevant business operations conducted at your site and know the potential sources where odour pollution may occur, how to investigate potential odour pollution, who to contact in the event of odour pollution, and how to apply emergency odour control.

Relevant Australian Standards

  • AS4323.3 – Stationary source emissions Part 3: Determination of odour concentration by dynamic olfactometry.
  • AS4114.1 & 4114.2 – Spray painting booths, designated spray painting areas and paint mixing rooms installation and maintenance.
  • AS4454 – Composts, soil conditioners, and mulches. 

EPA publications

Page last updated on 1 Mar 2019